Monday, June 15, 2009

my inspired weekend...


So the kids are sick, it was a rainy, cold, drab kind of day and 'dad' is at work; there was a gravitational pull coming from the new sewing room!

I made this






and these



and as I sewed this floated round my head....




Ode to the Sewing Table

I think about it all day long
If I'm honest all night too.
I have no where to set it up
Whatever will I do.

And then one day my dad in-law says
"Here - you can have this"
I jumped for joy, said to myself
"At last I've got my wish!"


We bring it home, we set it up
It's perfect, fits just right.
A table for my sewing things
Oh, what sheer delight!


He says "now that you have your table,
Are you happy dear?"
I have no words just one big grin
Stretched from ear to ear.

3 comments:

  1. See, now that's a pin cushion! I tried a slightly different one over the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Fran. I have to tell you I have wanted to comment on a number of your posts but I can't seem to do it from my work computer. Just wanted to let you know I am reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! The sewing looks lovely and to have a permanent space to do it must be lovely. The mosaic table that you've photographed the pin cushion on is gorgeous, the colours all look beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!