Friday, December 18, 2009

Tipping my hat to the art of handmade

Well, first up I'd like to say a very big thank you for all the altered dress love that came my way via the last post.  I'm stoked and flattered that you liked it as much as I did and so glad you left a comment to let me know - thank you!



Today I'd like to share with you all the yummy handmade things I'm giving this christmas - because all the talented people who made them deserve some credit (don't mind the pat on the back I give myself several times along the way!).



I really enjoyed making these stamped gift tags

So, here we go......


modelled by Miss B

2 year old niece - a retromummy dress







11 month old Triplets, nieces and nephew - little sweetpeas t-shirt dresses and a pair of barefoot babies shorts



5 year old second cousin - moobear t-shirt and miss haidee shorts



2 year old second cousin - barefoot babies singlet and shorts



playgroup friends - little sweetpeas pencil cases






Miss A - lucky lulu skirt, Snailblazer sewing cards









Miss B - lucky lulu dress, miss haidee romper, Snailblazer sewing cards



13 year old niece - melei bracelet and ring



All the grown-ups in the family are receiving a 2010 calendar from here with all drawings done by Miss A.

I'm still working on an amigurumi mermaid for Miss B and I will be spending a day baking Christmas cakes for both sets of grandparents.  I've still got an 11 y.o. nephew and a 9 y.o. nephew to cover.  I'm thinking appliqued t-shirts.......it's hard I tell you............

There's gonna be some seriously stylish kids walking around after this christmas I tell you!

I've had alot of fun with the shopping and the making and can't wait for Christmas Day to give my handmade gifts.

P.S. In case you're wondering - of course my darling husband is receiving gifts this christmas, but he had a very specific wish list which did not include anything handmade!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Fran for publishing our products and giving us a nice big plug. It is such a buzz to see fellow crafters and bloggers at the markets - thank you for supporting us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for supporting us Fran.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fran it looks gorgeous!!!!!!!! I agree with sophie! thanks for supporting us and I just love the dress! gorgeous!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!