Friday, June 11, 2010

My creative space........


This week I made a vest for Miss B. 
I completely love it. 
It fits Miss B perfectly, not just size wise but fits her personality too, you know?



The pattern?  A project sheet I picked up a little while ago in Spotlight, called Chevron children's hooded vest.  I found it a very easy and enjoyable project!

The yarn?  I used a Lincraft branded yarn called Prism.  It is a 70% wool 30% soy bean composition.  I bought it before I even knew what I was going to make with it because Miss B fell in love with it in the shop, the rainbow of colours caught her eye and she just had to have it!

 

I really liked working with this yarn and it has worked up into a nice thick, weighty vest, but it is still soft and supple - just perfect for those very chilly walks up to school each morning.

I added a couple of pockets to the front, just working one repeat of the chevron pattern for six rows and whip stitching around three sides to make a pocket for all the little bits and pieces which are collected and carried around each day.


I also added two little cat buttons Miss B selected awhile ago in a quilting shop. 
Miss B absolutley adores cats and I've had these buttons stashed away, just waiting for the right project to use them in. 
Although the pattern didn't call for closures I wanted to be able to do the vest up for abit of extra warmth.  And besides I hate the look of clothes half hanging of my kids as they run around playing.

It's big enough that she should get a couple of season's wear out of it, so I've got one very happy little sweetpea on my hands at the moment, which makes me happy :D

Now on to the next project, Kirsty's absolutely to die for Granny Shrug.  And thanks to Kirsty for hosting my creative space...each week.

5 comments:

  1. Oh it is so beautiful and brightly colored, how lovely for winter! I think it is the same pattern that my daughter admired when we last popped into Spotlight. Unfortunately her grandmother and I are not very good at crochet skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great on her, lucky Miss B!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! And such a sweet model :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty Fran, I love it~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely, Fran. And she looks very happy with it too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!