Monday, February 28, 2011

pretty things

At the end of last year/beginning of this year, I, like so many of you out there, made a little promise to myself to finish off all the unfinished projects I had laying around the place. 

My sewing table was piled so high with half done items I couldn't even see the table any more. 

Every time I wanted to sew, I would have to make several trips back and forth from my sewing table to my bed moving things just so I could get started. 
Not to mention the numerous (five spring to mind) crochet projects I have on the go............

So, I have been slowly crossing afew little things off my UFO list.

These are but two of them...........................................


I started making these crochet flower squares (pattern can be found here) back in July '09! 
I made about twenty of them, then changed my mind about the project I was making them for.  
What to do with them?  Make a cushion cover of course!

And another.
Recognise the fabric?
It's Meadowsweet by Sandi Henderson. 
(Yes, yes, there is one little rectangle of Amy Butler midwest modern in there too. )

I received these little fabric sample's, along with a purchase I made from modern retro textiles  back in March 2010. 
I was smitten. 
So small yet so beautiful. 
Too beautiful to just throw away. 
These tiny bits of yum languished in my sewing room for many, many months, just waiting for inspiration to strike. 

One evening I had been indulging in a bit of flickr browsing and stumbled across these gorgeous cushions made by meringuedesigns.  

Aha!

In no time at all I whipped up the cushion front and then that sat around in my sewing room for some more months.
 
Finally, I paired it with some spotty fabric from Spotlight; pink for the front, chocolate (so much nicer then brown) for the back.  I  did some straight line  machine quilting, made a simple slip cover, 
and that's another finished project!   

2 comments:

  1. They are both lovely, how I wish I could crochet. Those meadowsweet prints are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!