Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Simply Sweet Tunic Top & Blouse pattern testing


Hello there, everyone!
Well I am so happy to say I am on the other side of my hip operation.
It went very well and I am happily resting and recovering, getting stronger every day.

A couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by the very talented Marina.

Marina wanted to know if I would test her new pattern,
which she was fine tuning to be released under her pattern label Wink Designs.

I didn't need to be asked twice! 

I decided to make this my last sewing project before my hip operation.


Whats great is that this pattern goes all the way from size 1, up to size 8. 
It can be hard to find patterns from smaller pattern houses in sizes larger than 6 so I made the long sleeve blouse for Aimee in the size 8. 


Remember the fabrics from this post, well this is the project they were bought for.


I really love this blouse and the pattern is very well written and easy to follow.
Of all patterns I've ever used, including both large commercially produced ones and smaller independant ones, this would have to be one of my favourites.  I followed the intructions pretty much word for word and didn't get stuck or confused anywhere.  And the garment came out looking and fitting just how it should - YEAH!!


I have another in size 6 for Betty cut out and just waiting to be sewn up when I'm well enough. 
Betty has requested no ties, so I'm going to replace them with a button and loop.


 Aimee loves the blouse too and it goes perfectly with her new pink skinny jeans :))))))))

 And I'm just waiting for Summer so I can make a few of the sleeveless version too!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Fran, wow a hip operation! I am glad to hear that you are doing well.
    Nice tunic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are well after your Op. Rest up. At least it's good weather for keeping your feet up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely write up Fran. Hope you are getting lots of rest and rugging up in the cold weather.

    The blouse looks great on Aimee and especially cute with the jeans!

    Marina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blouse in that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! It looks lovely on her. And very glad to hear the operation went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Love the top and even better I love a pattern with options and sleeveless sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great top! I love it and she looks very plaesed with it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!